The 5 Worst Mistakes Borrowers Make When Getting Title Loans In Dallas, TX
Title loans in Dallas, TX are accessible, quick, and simple. Texas Car Title and Payday Loan Services, Inc. helps you acquire title loans in the city, and many other locations in the state, through a friendly and easy process that accommodates you every step of the way.
However, even the friendliest lender cannot help you with certain mistakes. Here are the top 5 mistakes we think borrowers make when getting title loans in Dallas, TX.
5 Mistakes You Can Make When Getting Title Loans In Dallas, TX
1. Getting A Loan When You Don’t Need It
Title loans – or loans of any kind – should never be anyone’s first choice in a crisis.
Title loans should be considered when you’re on a very strict time limit and need money to deal with emergencies that must be covered as soon as possible, least the situation worsens and costs you even more down the line.
Getting a loan means adding to your existing financial obligations. It’s something to be used strategically, with all the pros and cons carefully considered.
If your unexpected expenses aren’t urgent and can be delayed, even for a little while, you should explore other options first.
The maximum loan amount you could get with title loans in Dallas, TX is $15,000. How many situations can you think of when you’d need that much money?
Yet some people do take the maximum loan amount they qualify for, even if initially they planned to get a smaller amount.
Don’t forget that title loans are not a grant, they’re debt, you’ll need to pay them off down the road. And larger the loan you take on, the longer the time you’ll be paying it off. So, know the exact amount you need before getting started.
3. Not Doing Research Before Getting Started
Yes, title loans online are accessible. Yes, they can be simple and easy, especially for those who’re dealing with strict time limits.
But that doesn’t mean you should dive straight in with no knowledge of what you’re acquiring. That’s likely to lead to making mistakes that will unnecessarily prolong the process.
With Texas Car Title and Payday Loan Services, Inc., you should at least know what the qualifying requirements are:
- Be over 18 and have a valid state-issued photo ID to verify it (a driver’s license also works).
- Outright own your car – you should have the car title be in your name and completely lien-free.
- Have your car itself for a brief inspection, as its value will determine the maximum loan amount you qualify for.
4. Not Asking Questions
Loan representatives are there to help you. If there’s anything you don’t understand, you should outright ask them about it during your initial call.
Otherwise, unexpected details may turn up when you’re already in what’s supposed to be the final stages of the process, needlessly complicating it both for the representative and yourself.
5. Not Having All Required Items
And lastly, the biggest mistake you can make while getting title loans in Dallas, TX is to appear at your appointment with the loan representative without one of the required items. That will almost certainly automatically render you ineligible for the loan.
This doesn’t only include forgetting to take the ID or a car title with you, but also includes items that you brought that don’t match our requirements.
For example, if the ID or driver’s license you bring in is invalid, we won’t be able to use it to verify your identity.
Neither will we be able to accept a car title that’s not in your name. Even if you’ve been driving the car around for years and you have the permission of a person whose name is on the title to use it for the loan.
Make sure all the items are in acceptable forms before getting started to have the best chances of getting approved.
How Can You Get Title Loans In Dallas, TX?
If you make sure to avoid the mistakes, then getting title loans in Dallas, TX would be fairly simple, here is how:
- Make sure Above everything else ensure that you’ve got all the required items – the state-issued photo ID/driver’s license, your car, and the car’s lien-free title in your name – ready to go.
- After that, all you need to do to kick off the process is submitting a filled-out form for Texas title loans. When your form gets processed, a loan representative will get in touch with you, provide further instructions and answer your questions. They will also schedule an appointment with you at a location of your choice.
- You’ll take the required items to the meeting they’ll set up. The loan representative will assess everything and determine if you qualify, and if you do, they will inform you of the amount and terms of your loan.
- Finally, you’ll be asked to sign a few forms and you can get the money you qualified for on the same day or the following business day.
Qualify For Title Loans In Dallas, TX Today
You could get up to $15,000 through title loans in Dallas, TX by the end of the day, as long as you make sure that you don’t do any of the mistakes above. To get started, all you need to do is to submit the online form.
Note: The content provided in this article is only for informational purposes, and you should contact your financial advisor about your specific financial situation.