Here's How To Get Medical Care Without Insurance In Texas
October 4, 2021 | June Mckaig
Figuring out how to get medical care without insurance in Texas isn’t an impossible mission. There are actually many ways you can get medical care without insurance, from government-funded initiatives to free clinics to federal programs. You can always find the help you need one way or another.
Let’s take a deeper dive into this subject and cover the use of an auto title loan as a last resort option.
How To Get Medical Care Without Insurance In Texas
1. Medicaid Texas
Medicaid is a federal and state venture that gives eligible people medical coverage. Its purpose in the state is to improve the general population's health who would otherwise do without. They aim to do this by making sure participants get comprehensive health care, providing a medical home for all Medicaid participants, and ensuring medical care is constant
It's the number one answer when you wonder how to get medical care without insurance in Texas. There are a few criteria you must meet to be eligible for Texas Medicaid. The general requirements are to be a legal resident of Texas, need health care, and that your financial situation is classified as low to very low.
If you meet these requirements, you must also fit into one of these categories:
- You are at least 65 years old.
- You are blind.
- You're pregnant.
- You have a disability, or a family member at home has a disability.
- You care for a child younger than 18.
You can visit the Texas Medicaid website for more information, including how to apply. Or you can use the free hotline: 1-800-252-8263 or email them.
2. Use Texas Free Clinics
For those of you who don't qualify for Medicaid, using a free clinic is one of the ways that offer a solution for how to get medical care without insurance in Texas.
Currently, there are 605 clinics in the state. Some of them usually receive state subsidies, federal grants or are owned by non-profit organizations that allow them to provide free or significantly reduced services.
3. Children's Health Insurance Program (CHIP)
The Children's Health Insurance Program is made with low- to moderate-income families in mind. It gives you coverage when you don't qualify for public aid or other government initiatives.
The program offers a bunch of medical care services, including:
- Mental health care.
- Free prescription drugs.
- Medical specialists.
- Hospital care and services.
- Lab tests.
- Pre-existing condition treatment.
- Office visits.
- Regular checkups.
- Free eye tests.
- Dental care.
4. Health Insurance Pools In Texas
Health insurance pools are a great way to access dental or health insurance for those who don't have other options. Everyone from the uninsured to the unemployed to those on low incomes can receive this kind of help.
Put simply, it's government-sponsored health insurance. You make co-payments that pay for a part of your doctor bills, hospital bills, or prescription fees. To find out more, dial 888-398-3927.
5. Texas Breast and Cervical Cancer Diagnostic Program
More than 200 clinics across the state take part in the Texas Breast and Cervical Cancer Diagnostic Program. Women aged 18 to 64 who don't have health insurance and meet income restrictions might be eligible for free screenings, testing, and diagnostics.
The program aims to ensure cancer is detected as soon as possible, and the women receiving the diagnosis get access to medical professionals who help them.
If you would like to use this free service, call 512-458-7796 to find the locations of the non-profit clinics that are a part of the program.
6. Using An Auto Title Loan As Your Last Resort Now
Sadly, not everybody qualifies for these programs. If you fall into that camp, you still have other options. You can use an auto title loan when you have nowhere else to turn. Title loans can also be useful if you need the help immediately and can't wait to sign up for programs due to extensive paperwork and waiting periods.
With a Texas car title loan from us at Texas Car Title and Payday Loan Services, Inc., you can get up to $15,000 depending on the condition of your vehicle.
How To Qualify For An Auto Title Loan
Just follow these steps to qualify for the money you need to fund your medical care in less than a day:
- Complete the form on Texas Car Title and Payday Loan Services, Inc. It takes roughly 5 minutes.
- Wait for one of our loan representatives to call you. They'll tell you about the documents you need, answer your questions, and explain the process in detail. The loan representative will also schedule an appointment with you at a location of your choice.
- Meet with our loan representative and make sure to have the following items:
- Driver's license or another type of state-issued photo identification
- Lien-free title to your vehicle.
- Your vehicle itself.
- Proof of income.
- Our loan representative will review your documents and evaluate your car, van, or truck to see if you qualify.
- If you qualify for an auto title loan, you'll receive the money you need on the same day or the following business day!
Secure An Auto Title Loan To Fund Urgent Medical Care
There is always an answer to how to get medical care without insurance in Texas. However, the exact answer depends on your situation. No matter the program or loan you receive, we hope you find a way to obtain the high-quality care you deserve.
Submit an online form to find out if you qualify for an auto title loan today and be well-prepared to fund any urgent medical care you need. Simply fill out the online title loan application form or call 800-227-4707 to get the process started now!